Kelly V. Milam
Phone | (312) 332-8521
Fax | (312) 332-8451
Kelly V. Milam
Kelly V. Milam is a partner with significant litigation experience. She concentrates in trucking, transportation casualty, and construction litigation. Kelly also focuses her practice in products liability, toxic tort, premises liability, medical malpractice, and commercial law. Kelly has a proven ability to manage sophisticated matters involving cases in Illinois and Indiana. She has trial experience involving catastrophic losses from pre-litigation investigation through verdict. Kelly received her juris doctorate from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School. Kelly’s clients include construction contractors and subcontractors, transportation carriers and their insurers. She has presented to insurers and claims managers regarding topics such as Illinois law updates and claim investigation. She has published articles regarding trucking trends and defense strategy. Kelly was recognized as a 2016 Emerging Lawyer in Leading Lawyers magazine pursuant to her nomination by peer Leading Lawyers in Illinois. The designation of Emerging Lawyer is reserved for attorneys fewer than 40 years of age and accounts for less than 2 percent of Illinois attorneys.
- Illinois State Bar
- Indiana State Bar
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D.
- Concentration: Business Transactions
- Honor Scholarship
- Dean’s List
- Michigan State University, B.A.
- International Relations, James Madison College
- Concentration in Accounting, Eli Broad College of Business
- Legislative Internship at Michigan State Capitol
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- 2016 Emerging Lawyer, Leading Lawyers Magazine
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago, Board of Advisors, 8/2008 – Present
- Legal Advisory Committee
- Legal Assistance Advisory Committee
- Planning Committee, Gala of the Arts
- Big Shoulder Fund, Chairmen’s Advisory Counsel, 9/2013 – Present
- Membership Committee, Chairperson
- Development Committee
- Executive Committee
- Mentor to High School Scholarship students
Publications and Presentations
- “Law Updates: Illinois and Florida Law,” CLE/CE training session at XL Catlin, Exton, PA, January 28, 2016.
- Panelist/speaker at Artex Risk Solutions, Inc. Annual Risk Management Conference, “Making Your Claim Prior to Litigation,” Las Vegas, Nevada 2011.
- The Illinois Supreme Court Clarifies the Collateral Source Rule, TIDA Newsletter 2009.
- The Potential Legal Ramifications of the Shortage of Truck Drivers, DRI in Transit. Click here to read.