Benjamin P. Beringer
Phone | (312) 332-8826
Fax | (312) 332-8451
Benjamin P. Beringer
Benjamin P. Beringer is a partner with extensive trial experience concentrating his practice in the area of professional liability in both state and federal courts with an emphasis on medical malpractice law. He has represented a wide array of health care clients, ranging from individual physicians to major teaching hospitals and has successfully disposed of a number of medical malpractice lawsuits on their merits prior to trial. Mr. Beringer has represented insurance companies and third-party administrators nationwide for purposes of evaluating and setting loss reserves for their medical malpractice claims. He received his juris doctorate from the Indiana University Maurer School of Law. He holds an “AV Preeminent” attorney rating by Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized as a Leading Lawyer since 2013 and as an Illinois Super Lawyer since 2016.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Indiana University Mauer School of Law, Bloomington, IN, J.D.
- Cum Laude
- Member: Indiana Law Journal
- Trial Team
- Admissions Committee
- Editor-in-Chief: The Exordium
- Wabash College, Crawfordsville, IN, B.A.
- Summa Cum Laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
Attorney Rating and Honors
- AV Preeminent rating by Martindale- Hubbell, 2008-present
- Leading Lawyers, 2013-present
- Illinois Super Lawyer, 2016-present
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Health Care Section
- Civil Practice and Procedure Section
- Tort Law Section
- Chicago Bar Association
- Chicago Healthcare Risk Management Society (CHRMS)
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys (IAHA)
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM)
- Presented on the topic of medical malpractice litigation to third-year podiatry students attending the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago, Illinois (November 14, 2016 and December 4, 2017).
- “The Deposition Survival Guide,” speech presented at the 100th Annual Meeting of the Illinois Podiatric Medical Association, LIncolnshire, IL (October 10, 2015).
- “A Break in the Chain: Strategies for Dismissal Based on Proximate Cause in Multi-Party Medical Negligence Cases Alleging Failure to Communicate,” speech and article presented at “A New Thing,” hosted by Target Professional Associates, Newport, Rhode Island (August 2001).
- “Complementary and Alternative Medicine: A Medical Malpractice Enigma for the Next Millennium,” speech presented at the Chicagoland Healthcare Risk Managers Society Annual Meeting (April 23, 1999).