Aimee K. Lipkis
Phone | (312) 332-8786
Fax | (312) 332-8451
Aimee K. Lipkis
Aimee K. Lipkis is passionate about the defense of medical professionals. Her passion and dedication existed long before she became a partner at Cray Huber. Aimee grew up in a family of physicians. Aimee has extensive experience in complex medical and professional negligence cases having defended professionals at depositions, mediations and jury trials. She understands how the reputation of the medical professional is impacted by claims of malpractice and has helped defend the reputations of hundreds of physicians and healthcare providers including: internists, cardio-thoracic surgeons, neonatologists, anesthesiologists, cardiologists, podiatrists, ophthalmologists, resident physicians, medical assistants, infectious disease specialists, chiropractors, nurses and other medical and health professionals. Aimee’s practice also includes counseling physicians, nurses and medical assistants in professional liability avoidance techniques. Her detailed record reviews, knowledge of the medicine, skill at taking depositions, legal strategy and fearless personality have resulted in successful resolutions of attacks against her clients.
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, MI, J.D.
- Concentrations: Litigation in the Geoffrey Fieger Trial Practice Institute and Health Law
- Honors: Jurisprudence award in Geoffrey Fieger Trial Practice Institute
- Indiana University at Bloomington, Bloomington, IN, B.A.
- Graduated Phi Beta Kappa
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Major: Sociology
- Presented on the topic of medical malpractice litigation to third-year podiatry students attending the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago, Illinois, November 14, 2016.
- Faculty member at St. Joseph’s Hospital and St. Anthony Hospital Combined CME Seminar, “The Litigation Collision: How Your Medical Practice Intersects with the Legal World.” Training residents and practitioners to recognize potential liability scenarios and methods of avoidance. Chicago, Illinois, May 18, 2016.
- “A Deposition Survival Guide,” presentation at the 100th Illinois Podiatric Medical Association Annual Meeting, Lincolnshire, Illinois, October 10, 2015.
- Faculty member at St. Joseph’s Hospital and St. Anthony Hospital Combined CME Seminar, “Winning is Better than Losing: How to Increase Your Chances of Winning a Malpractice Suit.” Chicago, Illinois, November 19, 2014.
- Faculty member at St. Joseph’s Hospital and St. Anthony Hospital Combined CME Seminar, “To Practice or to Malpractice? Avoiding Podiatric Malpractice.” Training residents and practitioners to recognize potential liability scenarios and methods of avoidance. Chicago, Illinois, October 6, 2013.
- “The Abused Respondent in Discovery Statute,” IDC Quarterly, Third Quarter. To read the article, click here.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel